Tuesday, January 22, 2013

80's inspired mani

80's parachute pants inspired mani.
My brother had a friend who in High School had a pair of grey stone washed blue jean looking parachute pants that had paint splattered all over them. That was the inspiration for this mani. What is your 80's mani inspiration?





I used the sugar spun technique for this. Which I have to say I am not very good at, but this is only my second attempt at doing sugar spun nails.






You can see that I traveled from my pinky towards my thumb. I started to get it to work around my middle finger.





Polishes Used: 
Base Color: 
China Glaze: Immortal
Accent colors:
Maybelline New York- Express Finish: Orange Blazes
Sally Hansen - Insta-Dry: Grape Going
Sally Hansen - Insta-Dry: Lightening





2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the color combination you used! And I think your spun sugar nails came out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely improved as I got further into it!

      Delete