Saturday, February 2, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 2 - Stained Glass / Accent Nail

This is my day 2 mani for Jilltastic Nail Design's Flip/Flop February 28 Day Challenge. The choices for today are Stained Glass or Accent Nail. 


I chose to do Stained Glass with a slight accent on my ring finger. As I, up to today have never done a stained glass mani before.


Pardon me for my messy cleanup job on this mani. For some reason the polish got into my skin and no matter what I did I couldn't get it cleaned up.







I used three different Sinful Colors for my "glass" pieces. Again using a pink to keep up with my challenge to myself. To make sure all my manis for this challenge have pink in them.







After placing the dots of color all over my nails I used Black from Nail Art to represent the "lead" lines between the glass. I created a black accent piece of glass at this point. I had a lot of fun with this as I have actually made quite a few stained glass pieces. 



My favorite had to be piece of stained glass art I ever worked on had to be finishing a piece that my sister started. It was for her fiance Josh. She died before she was able to complete it, so about six months after she died I finished it for her. He was so surprised when he got it,  he was not even aware she was making it for him. It is based off the Harley Davidson eagle piece that is displayed at Kutter Harley Davison in Janesville, WI. I wish I could find a picture of it, but sadly I can not.



Polishes used:
Glass pieces:  Oasis, Fig and Let' Talk by Sinful Colors
Lead lines: Black from Nail Art



Make sure  you check out the other awesome manis for today done by these other lovely ladies. Links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment