Friday, February 8, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 7 - Sugar Spun / Pattern


This is my day 7 post for Jilltastic Nail Design's Flip/Flop February 28 Day Challenge.

I chose Sugar Spun Nails for today's mani. I have tried a few times, but today's mani is the first time I have tried doing it in a gradient. 





I used two different pink polishes in this to keep up with my own challenge to myself to use pink in every mani in this challenge.


I decided to do each nail slightly different. On my ring finger I decided to do an accent nail with hearts made using a toothpick. These were fun I have practiced these a few times but is way different on my silicone mat  than on my nails. 

All in all I think they turned our pretty good.





First I did a base color of Cool Coture by Maybelline-Express Finish  Which is a medium grey creme with micro glitter in a blueish color. It was a little tricky to apply it took 3 coats to get a coverage that I was happy with. 


I have the same trouble with all my Maybelline-Express Finish polishes.







Then to start my sugar spun nails I first used I Red A Good Book from Wet n Wild-Megalast. I struggled with sugar spun nails the first couple of times I tried it. 


Every polish is different as too how big of strings it will create how long it will take to get to the right consistency. 






From there I used Candy-licious also by Wet n Wild-Megalast. Last I used  Blushing Rose by Color Club to complete my sugar spun gradient mani with accent nail.



I hope you enjoy this mani!



Polishes used:
Base color: Cool Coture by Maybelline-Express Finish
Additional colors: I Red A Good Book and Candy-licious by Wet n Wild-Megalast and Blushing Rose by Color Club





Please check out the other beautiful manis for today.



1 comment:

  1. Looks good :) I'm a terrible nail artist, so I can't enter many of the contests lol

    ReplyDelete