Sunday, February 3, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 3 - Watermarble / Dry Marble

Today's choices are Water Marble or Dry Marble. 
I chose to do a water marble because I struggle with them.

This is the glass that I use when I do a water marble. It is a small glass dessert dish I found at a second hand store. I used room temperature distilled water as we have well water with lots of calcium and rust in it.




I am happy to say that I consider this to be my first truly successful water marble! I love the way that this manicure turned out, I think one of my biggest problems before was not only getting the right kind of polish, but the right color combination.




I used White on White by China Glaze for my base color. I had to use three coats to get the get the consistency and coverage that I wanted.




I alternated drops in of Royal Velvet and Oh Cabana Boy by Orly and Rainbow and Reggae To Riches by China Glaze into the water. I used a toothpick to do the design. 


I completely forgot to either use chapstick, tape or vasaline to protect my fingers so cleanup was a real pain in the butt. All that aside I LOVE the way this mani turned out!!!


Polishes used:
Base Color: White On White by China Glaze
Water Marble colors: Royal Velvet and Oh Cabana Boy by Orly and Reggae To  Riches and Rainbow by China Glaze



Please make sure to stop and check out the other awesome manis!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment